I know how lucky I am. My kids are game to try just about anything and they do. But just about everyone who has tried these pancakes has said that their kids love them, too! Even moms with picky eaters! This is an easy and a HEALTHY breakfast, my kids will tell you these are one of their favorites! We already love pumpkin pancakes and my kiddos could collectively eat a dozen bunches of bananas a day…if I let them. So this combo was a no-brainer.
Banana Pumpkin Pancakes
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- One very ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin, canned or fresh roasted
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- sprinkle of ginger
- sprinkle of allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Add in banana, pumpkin, vanilla, syrup and whisk until well blended.
- Sift in the remaining ingredients, except the coconut oil.
- Heat a large pan and melt in 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Spoon batter into the pan.
- Filp once you see a few bubbles.
- Serve with a bit more maple syrup, or butter & cinnamon or a side of nitrate-fee bacon!
Psst! Just wanna share! My favorite coconut oil that I use for this recipe and a million others is this: