Pesto is a great dish to make with kids! This no-cook recipe is simple enough for even your youngest chefs. They will get to be involved and have an end result that tastes delicious.
This was my kiddos' first try at their own pesto and they were super excited about it. We weren't sure if we wanted to make a parsley or basil pesto but when we went to the supermarket, the basil smelled the best to my aspiring chefs. So basil pesto it was!
Once we got back home I gathered all the ingredients and kitchen tools we would need while my munchkins took turns washing their hands and getting their aprons on.
We had a lot of fun making this recipe and I would encourage you to try it with your little ones!
2 bunches of fresh basil
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1/4 cup of toasted pine nuts
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1/4-1/2 cup of olive oil
salt to taste
1. Wash and dry the basil. Remove all of the leaves. Set the stems aside for the compost.
2. With adult supervision, add all ingredients EXCEPT the olive oil to the food processor. Begin to process the ingredients.
3. While food processor is working, slowly add in the olive oil until your pesto reaches the desired consistency.
4. Taste and adjust flavors if necessary.
5. Serve with pasta, over eggs or on your favorite bread!
We hope you enjoy this simple and delicious recipe!
**Always have lots and lots of adult supervision, especially when using sharp objects like knives and peelers or dangerous tools like food processors, blenders, etc.**
Are you ready for more simple recipes & healthy living tips?
Want to find out how I make
healthy living EASY for busy moms?