This recipe has become a staple in our house simply due to a combination of my busy schedule that leads to a heavy dependance on my trusty crockpot and my strong German roots. This meal is delicious with straight forward, honest flavors.
Oh, and it is super simple. That is probably the biggest reason why I make it as often as I do.
Yea, there is that, too.
2.5lb pork roast
2 large onions
1 24oz. jar of sauerkraut (I suggest choosing one that has 2 simple ingredients: cabbage & salt.).
1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
2-3 apples, my favorite is granny smith
Salt & pepper
1. Slice the onions and put them on the bottom of the crockpot.
2. Place the pork on top of the onions. Season it with sage, salt and pepper.
3. Open the jar of sauerkraut. Take a few bites. Oh, wait. Is that just me? I can't be trusted around an open jar of sauerkraut.
4. Empty the jar of sauerkraut into the crockpot, cover the pork and fit the rest around the sides.
5. Peel and slice the apples. Add them on top of the sauerkraut.
6. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
7. Enjoy once the meat is cooked thoroughly and breaks apart easily.
Are you ready for more healthy living tips?
Want to find out how I make healthy living EASY for busy moms?
Sign up below and I will get you started with my FREE downloadable mini book, Be A Healthier Mom in 30 Days!